Friday, July 24, 2020

Still at the Hospital



Everyone has been so nice and supportive so I wanted to let you know the status of Tom’s Cardiac Catheterization today.  It turns out it is a very good thing this was done because he had a 95% blockage in one place and a 75% blockage in another.  He was most definitely headed for a heart attack.  They did a balloon angioplasty in one location and put in a stent in the other location.  It was a very involved and lengthy procedure this time because of the location of the two blockages.  He was admitted to the hospital and we are on a wait and see basis as to whether or not he can come home tomorrow. 

I want to thank everyone for your very kind and helpful comments, good wishes and prayers.  I kept reading over them on my phone the whole time I was waiting to hear the results of the procedure.  Even though I was waiting alone all of your kind messages helped me to feel a little less alone.  I responded to some comments last night but not today, however I do want you all to know they helped.  I probably won’t be posting or commenting for at least a few days as we get everything sorted out and get him home.  I just now got home tonight after being at the hospital since very early this morning.  I am going back early tomorrow morning in hopes of catching the doctor on his rounds.  In the meantime, I only want to get something to eat and crash with my two sweet cats.  Thank you all again!


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for your update. I'm so glad you were able to forestall a big problem. Best wishes for his recovery.

    And now please rest. The cats will help. They're good nurses, in my experience. We'll be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness the problems were spotted in time. Hope all goes well now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating us Bonnie. I hope today goes well and Tom can go home xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update and I continue to pray for both of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update, Bonnie--especially knowing how tired you must have been. Thank goodness the doctor was on top of things. Wishing Tom a quick and uneventful recovery. And you, too. You must be exhausted--mentally and physically. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy this was caught when it was. Speedy recovery to your husband (and to you because I know you must be exhausted).

    ReplyDelete
  7. These hospital waits are long and fatigue is an understatement. I hope everything goes well and that there is a rapid recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank heavens the issues have been addressed and Tom is on the road to recovery. A very stressful time for the two of you. If I lived close by I would bring you a Tupperware box containing fresh Bosh! brownies - but not laced with dope I'm afraid Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am so glad they caught this and were able to fix his blood flow Hospitals are always stressful. I hope he is home soon and you can both relax and recover. It's amazing what they can do these days. What a blessing! Love and hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so fortunate your husband had the testing and received treatment, Bonnie! Thank you for the update. We worry about our friends and their families in blogland just as we do in our non-computer lives.

    It's stressful being the person accompanying the patient, too, isn't it? I waited many a day for my dad to have treatments, operations, and so on, in his last eight years of life. It was tiring, draining, and at times terrifying. All in all, it takes a lot out of you, so take care of yourself while you're taking care of your husband.

    Continuing good wishes for a speedy and smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope you are able to grab some rest...as I said before I have been and will continue to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased you nipped all this in the bud. You don't owe us a post, just a quick note that all is well and back to caring for your husband and yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!