Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A Wonderful Mother’s Day


I was blessed to have a very special Mother’s Day.  It actually started early when I received a flower delivery from my oldest son Chris and my daughter-in-law Kristi on Friday.  Chris and I have a tradition of just the two of us spending Mother's Day together usually in Kansas City and often at the Plaza.  The Plaza is a popular shopping and dining area designed in the style of Seville, Spain.  Because of his busy work schedule, I don’t get to spend a lot of time with Chris so having this one-on-one time on Mother’s Day really means a lot.   

 

Mill Creek Fountain on the Plaza

We went to Cooper’s Hawk, which is a three-level winery and restaurant for our lunch.  In fact, we went there last Mother’s Day too and enjoyed it so much we decided to go back this year.  They served a complimentary glass of champagne to all the mothers dining there which was an unexpected treat. 

Cooper's Hawk

 


After lunch, we enjoyed walking around the Plaza checking out the shops and just enjoying the day.  Although it was overcast, it was one of the first days that were warm enough to not need a coat.

My Mother’s Day did not end Sunday because on Monday my other son, Sean came over to spend some time with us and then took both Tom and I out to dinner.  After dinner, he also treated us to frozen custard at a local custard shop.  I feel so fortunate to have two such wonderful sons! 




 

29 comments:

  1. That is beautiful to hear Bonnie. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time with each of your sons. You have two great boys. Thank you for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. My sons are very special to me and I enjoy spending time with them. xx

      Delete
  2. Coopers Hawk looks like a really cool place! Bonnie, this was so nice to read. You have a couple of pretty special sons who really love their mom. 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug, we had a great time! Both my sons stay busy with their careers so the opportunity to spend time with them is the best gift in the world!


      Delete
  3. How wonderful! So happy you had a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I know you understand how special it is for us to spend time with our children!

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you Bonnie! You are fortunate to have two loving sons like Chris and Sean and you can count that among your greatest "riches" or "blessings" in life! Worth so much more than money or wealth! A belated Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie, I have the greatest love and appreciation for both my boys. They are indeed among my greatest blessings and I do appreciate them. I hope you are enjoying a joyful week in your beautiful Costa Rica!

      Delete
  5. That sounds just wonderful! Beautiful flowers, good food and company both days. I really appreciate the one-on-one time with my son, too. Have a fabulous week, Bonnie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! I know you do understand how good it is to have that one-on-one time with our sons. I hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  6. It's just excellent to have a great mother's day. o did I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Joanne! I'm so happy you had a great Mother's Day!

      Delete
  7. I am so glad you got to spend time with both your sons over Mother's Day and the day following. Lovely flowers and what a nice treat to have with your lunch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, it is really nice to have a chance to spend time with our sons and I know you understand that!

      Delete
  8. It certainly does sound like a very happy Mother's Day, Bonnie...a lovely tradition you enjoy, and deserve. Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, I hope you are well! Mother's Day is one of my favorite days because it's such a treat to spend time with my boys. Thanks for stopping by Lee.

      Delete
  9. Oh Bonnie, you did have a special Mother's Day. The flowers are beautiful! And then on Monday to spend time with your other son. How special you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know you understand the joy in being with our children! It seems like the older they are the less I see them so I enjoy a day like this!

      Delete
  10. Well you certainly deserve it, Bonnie. Glad you had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Shife. I hope you and the family have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. Mother's Day Monday to boot. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's great to see you! We mother's just can't get enough of our children, even when they are grown!

      Delete
  12. Two sons and two Mother‘s Days for you - now imagine if you had more children :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that would be all the better! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  13. That is such a wonderful tradition, spending the whole day with a grownup child. We get too little time as they get older, it seems. Good for your boys for knowing how important it is and making time for it. Those flowers are beautiful and your meal out sounds very pleasant. I enjoyed Librarian's comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about not seeing grown children much. Both my sons have demanding jobs and this one-on-one time is a rare and special treat!

      Delete
  14. Those sound like wonderful days, and I am glad you got to enjoy the time with them. Those are beautiful flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, time spent with our children means just as much when they are grown doesn't it!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!